Archive for the ‘AIX’ed’ Category
Now we have come to the stage where I must speak about the advanced concepts of AIX without missing out on the basics of AIX in our learning.
Next, most of my posts next will discuss more about the concepts of LVM, Lpar and other Advanced Concepts like VIO along with Software Administration, network Configuration and administration.
It’s time to unleash the power of AIX from now on.
I hope you learned a lot about AIX from the previous posts and will continue to learn as you come across new posts as and when they gets published.
Alright, before I sign off, I wish you all the best for your future engagements.
Happy learning !
Well, it’s very hard for me to give a concrete answer to this question at this moment as I see myself as a newbie to this technology. But, after trying number of options in various other technologies, this is the only one I really got hooked up to for long in my recent history. My love for learning AIX system administration has grown over a period of time and I decided to take it up as my career option. Practice and constant learning I advise is the only way to develop your interest in AIX and to get familiarized wit it and finally take it up as a profession.
If you are still not sure whether to take it up or drop it, run an experimental check on yourself, try following it for sometime, see if you are able to develop interest in it and if at all, it tastes sweet in understanding the concepts, keep pursuing it else drop it immediately like an old uninteresting novel with no regrets.
- When I started to learn AIX, I was so very much excited about this new technology, so very different from the usual Windows Operating Systems that I made up my mind to pursue this as a career option and learn more about it in years to come and at the same time, spread my knowledge, experience and the learning I had so far, back to the world I got this information in first place in form of a blog.
- There is so much scattered information available online. This blog is just an effort to bring together information from various free ends and put it altogether. Whatever I share here is already mentioned in various pdf’s available online, IBM red hat books and other online documents.
- The other reason to start this blog is to make information available 24X7 wherever you are. You don’t need to carry books or hand-outs or papers when everything is available online.
- AIX is more of practical learning than theory. So I decided why not to add some practical imagination to the way we learn from theory, so abc of aix came up in my mind. After all, learning should never stop.
- I write on AIX to make AIX learning a fun ride. It’s such an interesting technology which may sound dry and hard from outside but is actually very interesting. That was the main reason I started this blog to make complex look simpler.
All work here is un-copyrighted. Anybody can make use of the content published here. A vote of thanks is enough for me to keep going!
This is just 1% effort to make AIX learning a bit simpler and a good way to motivate myself to keep writing!!!
Let me give you a small introduction on why I thought of writing a blog on AIX.
It’s been 5 years I started my career in IT. I came across AIX (UNIX) Platform in last 2 years and I found it so very interesting that I decided to take it as a career option.
I underwent vigorous trainings, certification and self learning course materials.
I may not be an expert in AIX Administration as I still consider myself to be a newbie here. But I believe continuous learning and sharing knowledge helps you to learn things faster and makes you more knowledgeable and upfront in market.
My blog will be a generalist approach towards the concept of AIX Technology as I must admit that I gathered most of my knowledge from various sources. We have lot many red hat books from IBM and Linux, pdf’s, blogs, websites, videos and other online material available to learn AIX. But it’s all very scattered and vast. So my approach is to gather knowledge from whatsoever material available online, blend it with my learning and experiences and put it here for common use for end users.
I may not be convincing sometime towards concept(s) but I am open for all kinds of suggestions, feedbacks and knowledge sharing facts which helps both the reader and me grow better in AIX technology.
I would call this blog as an Open blog where all are welcomed to share their experiences and correct my mistakes if I am wrong in my findings.
Why this blog?
I agree there are already many other blogs available online from experts having rich experience in AIX but I unfortunately never came across any which made AIX learning a fun ride.
Let’s stop here and begin our learning in AIX.
I welcome you all to the school of AIX learning where I share my knowledge right from scratch.
Welcome to ABC of AIX.
Welcome to the World of AIX learning.
This blog is all about AIX OS, it’s features and System Administration Concepts.
i’ll be sharing my knowledge, my experiences and my interview failures along with interview Q/A here.
So, fasten your seat belts and get rolling with me to learn “Basics of AIX” right from Scratch.